Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

No Buy Month- make your own lipstick

HELLO EVERYONE!!!
I miss you all terribly,  and I miss blogging. Plus all the stuff I had planned for you, pictures and all, are on my burned out computer.
I can't stand it, I MUST do some thing, so I'll do the best I can from my phone.
Things I used
-palette ( you can also use a foam plate or aluminum foil.)
-palette knife (metal or plastic)
-eyeshadow or loose pigments
-favorite lipgloss
-creativity!!!

Step 1
I chose 2 colors of loose mineral eyeshadow to make the lipgloss/lipstick/lipstain. On my palette I put eyeshadow and lipgloss in equal amounts,  about 1/2 the size of a dime.

Step 2
Mix in HALF of the lipgloss into your eyeshadow. Mix throughly to avoid, clumping, streaks and uneven color.

Step 3
Apply to lips using lip brush.

I also made a some with my pressed eyeshadow.  First I chose a cheaper brand of shadow (just in case I broke it, I wouldn't be heart broken) Then I made sure the shadow was on the soft side. Harder powders would break as soon as you tried to scrape them.
I just followed the same steps as I did for the loose mineral powders.

TIPS!!
-Use a lipgloss you know and love! The shininess, consistency,  and staying power depend on the type of gloss you use. I used my Bigelow gloss from bath&body, that I reviewed earlier this year.
-Mixture too thick? Add more gloss. Mixture too thin? Add more eyeshadow.
-Need to make more? Then make more! You can store it in old lip gloss jars, those used plastic sample containers from Sephora, would be perfect. Also you could get a small container from the container store for less that 50 cents! And I promise I won't hold it against you during "No Buy Month".

Fyi-the purple lips are pressed shadow and the peach and green were from MAD minerals.I also posted the lipgloss I used.


No comments:

Post a Comment