I usually pick Sunday as my spa day, but that only included my face. Now I included body care into the equation as well.
Exfoliation is great before shaving. I like to do it the day before I shave, just to minimize the "trauma" I put my skin through in a day.
Exfoliation is great for dark areas, like the knees and elbows. And when you're done scrubbing just rinse it off in the shower. Be sure to follow with a lotion/cream.
I usually exfoliate my legs before I get in the shower and everything else while I'm in the shower. I also use a moisturizing bodywash.
My faves: Bodywash-Nivea touch of smoothness or St. Ives college elastin Body lotion-Nivea smooth sensation or St. Ives collagen elastin
(These lotions are the only ones that work of me, but use your favorite)
Exfoliators- St. Ives apricot scrub
Or make your own salt/ sugar scrub using sea salt, or table sugar and olive oil, or your favorite oil.
1. Initially I apply oil to my face and remove it with a hot wet towel. An oil that doesn't clog the pores (coconut oil, olive oil, vitamin e, etc...)
2. Exfoliate (boots botanics microdermabrasion scrub)
3. Mask- I use one that fits my needs that week, but on a regular basis I use the charcoal mask by origins. 4. Cleanser- again on that fits my needs and you can check my article on cleansers here.
5. Toner- I use boots botanics shine away toner, for mattifying the skin
6.Treatments/ serums- I use a serum for dark spots and an eye serum/cream.
7. Moisturize- always moisturize using no spf ( boot botanics shine away moisturizing gel cream)
Step3- relax, drink tea, wine or whatever relaxes you and sit back in your face mask and just relax. I take this time to catch up on my shows I missed during the week.
If you really want to fancy, put your hair treatment in, and your face mask on and exfoliate while those other things are working.
We are all about multitasking here at beauty on a budget.