Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, September 12, 2014

AT HOME SPA DAY!

     Hey everyone!!!  As promised, here are some ideas on how to do an at home spa day. You can do them all in the same day or do them piece by piece during the week.
I usually pick Sunday as my spa day, but that only included my face. Now I included body care into the equation as well.

 
Step 1* I recommend for everyone, exfoliation. You have to exfoliate!! Although apricot scrub isn't the worst thing to put on your face, I wouldn't recommend it. I too, use to be an apricot scrub junkie, but I have since moved on leaving me with an overstock of the product that I bought when it was on sale. I used it to exfoliate my body!       Every part but the face. And I only use it once a week. I have excema  on my legs,  I apply lotion twice a day, morning and night, but by the time I get to work, I'm dry and by the time I go to bed I'm dry again. Exfoliating helped my lotion to actually absorb into the skin. It is moisturized and my skin not only feels better, but it looks better too. I also use the scrub on the back of my arms, where the skin is rough and bumpy. I could feel the difference after 1 use. I have also used it on my chest and you can even use the apricot scrub to your hands.
      Exfoliation is great before shaving. I like to do it the day before I shave, just to minimize the "trauma"  I put my skin through in a day.
      Exfoliation is great for dark areas, like the knees and elbows. And when you're done scrubbing just rinse it off in the shower. Be sure to follow with a lotion/cream.
I usually exfoliate my legs before I get in the shower and everything else while I'm in the shower. I also use a moisturizing bodywash.
My faves: Bodywash-Nivea touch of smoothness or St. Ives college elastin Body lotion-Nivea smooth sensation or St. Ives collagen elastin
(These lotions are the only ones that work of me, but use your favorite)
Exfoliators- St. Ives apricot scrub
Or make your own salt/ sugar scrub using sea salt, or table sugar and olive oil, or your favorite oil.
Step 2* At home facial- For this I use several steps
1. Initially I apply oil to my face and remove it with a hot wet towel.  An oil that doesn't clog the pores (coconut oil, olive oil, vitamin e, etc...)
2. Exfoliate (boots botanics microdermabrasion scrub)        
3. Mask- I use one that fits my needs that week, but on a regular basis I use the charcoal mask by origins. 4. Cleanser- again on that fits my needs and you can check my article on cleansers here.
5. Toner- I use boots botanics  shine away toner, for mattifying the skin
6.Treatments/ serums- I use a serum for dark spots and an eye serum/cream.
7. Moisturize- always moisturize using no spf ( boot botanics shine away moisturizing gel cream)
Step3- relax, drink tea, wine or whatever relaxes you and sit back in your face mask and just relax. I take this time to catch up on my shows I missed during the week.
*For spa quality hair care use a deep conditioner or treatment.*
If you really want to fancy, put your hair treatment in, and your face mask on and exfoliate while those other things are working.
We are all about multitasking here at beauty on a budget.
 
This I exactly wet hat I do on my spa day. These simple step will have you looking radiant and beautiful in no time!
Good Luck and Happy Relaxing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment