Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Challenge Wrap Up: 1 Palette 30 Days

     As you may know I used only 1 eyeshadow palette for 30 days. If you follow me on instagram, you have seen the looks I've been able to achieve with the crown leopard shimmer palette.
These are the swatches for the palette. I placed them in the same order as they are in the palette.
 
 
The challenges were:
-limited to 36 colors
-all shimmer
-some iridescent
-no black
-no white
 
     In the beginning I have to admit it was a little difficult to come up with subtle looks.
 I wanted to dive right in to the blues and mix unexpected colors  together, but I had just started a new job and was afraid they might not take it well.
     I thought without black and white I'd be lost. I don't use white that much, but I use black for various things.
      Not having black meant I had to come up with ways to darken a color properly.  I say properly because adding the charcoal grey to some colors would just destroy them. I added complementary colors to some looks to increase the contrast and intensity.
      I added a swatch card so you could see the colors and a chart of how I used the colors each day and which ones I used.
      I would love to do this challenge again! The first few days were difficult, but it got easier after the first week. Would I do this again? Most definitely!!! I'm already thinking about it now!
     If I only had this 1 palette, would I be happy? Yes and no...WHY? with the absence of black, you can't get the dramatic smoky look you may want. It's probably not a good palette for beginners, since blending and possibly intense color mixing is required. It's a great palette though, surprisingly pigmented, blendable and with hardly ANY fallout. Hautelook actually had the matte version on sale a couple weeks ago. I was temped, but I didn't purchase it.
 
Below is a spread sheet I created. I know you all might be semi pro's, but just in case... I applied the colors 3 different ways.
1. typical crease, lid, highlight combo
2. from inner to outer corner (lightest to darkest)
3. classic 'smoky' application ( darkest color close to lash line, middle color on lid and lightest color from the crease to brow)
 
 
Some of the looks I have done (the day I wore the look is on each pic)
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment