Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

WEEKLY REVIEW: Eyeshadow #2

     Since I already started, I'd like to continue on this 'eyeshadow roll' and post a review on more eyeshadows. I'm sorry for the love fest, but I really liked all of these. There was nothing terribly bad about any of them. I would only choose one brand over another, by personal preference, availability and/or convenience. What I can tell you is that currently in my kit are Coastal Scents and Ofra shadows.
     POP, Gosh. Cargo and Lisi don't really make convenient package for artists or have the range of either colors or finishes I would like to have. Also, Cargo is constantly changing formulas, so that inconsistency scares me.

Lisi $6-$9 per eyeshadow (lisicosmetics.com) LOVE these! I love the brightness of the colors, the pigmentation and wear. I wish they made a palette of these shadows.
     When I first saw them I was struggling on which colors to get, since there are so many, and I only wanted to test a couple, before committing to the line. I was not disappointed.
     Lisi shadows are pigment, especially for the price! The only thing I don't like is that they don't have a palette. The wear on these shadows is excellent! It's a brand, that if you had to, could be used w/o a primer. (Currently having a 50% sale on their website)

Coastal Scents $9-$25 per palette (coastalscents.com) I keep these in my kit at all times. There are so many colors, they are all pigmented and last a long time! Coastal Scents has over 300 colors, that I wish I could get all in a palette. The largest palette is the 252.  For the most part all the shadows last all day, there are a few that might crease, but they're hard to pin point and are almost worth not even mentioning, so just forget I even said it. :) If you can't find a color in this brand, then the color doesn't exist! They have everything. The problem is choosing which colors to use each day.

GOSH $12 for a trio (duanereade, goshcosmetics.com) -This is a Swedish brand here in America. The colors are bright with good pigmentation. The wear is good. These shadows feel  hard, but they are able to be manipulated and blended. It would just question the grouping. The colors they put together are either very slightly different, or supplementary. I would recommend primer, mostly to combat the potential fading of the shadows.




POP $24 (duanereade, popbeauty.com)-I like the palettes, I just think the texture is kind of powdery. Plus, these shadows appear to be very fragile. There isn't a brush soft enough that won't create some type of extra dust when picking a color. Primer is HIGHLY recommended ( a good primer too! i.e. Urban Decay or Too Faced) or the shadows WILL crease and badly!

     Personally, I would prefer NYX shadows because of the amount you get in each shadow and the quality  of the NYX vs POP. NYX is just slightly better, being that they hold up better in the packaging and work with ANY primer.

OFRA $79 per palette (ofracosmetics.com) -These shadows are a few things.
1. Amazing colors- probably the most you get in any brights palette.
2. pigmented- again the yellow is a bit of a problem, but I am slowly accepting the "yellow problem" with any brand of eyeshadow.
3. quality-for the deeper colors (which is most of the palette, with the exception of 2) you only need a small amount.
      Most shadows you usually need to layer, but you don't have to layer the color with these. The shadows come off the palette in full strength. Since the shadows are also large in size, you are looking at having this palette for a LONG time.
     This palette can also be used wet or dry. I tried both ways and the yellow became more pigmented when used wet. Another plus is that these shadows dry super fast if you choose to use them wet. These can be worn with or w/o primer.

Inglot $7-$9 per shadow (inglotusa.com)-Inglot means layering, at least that's how I see it.  Inglot is made for layering and blending, they practically blend themselves. I do like these, they remind me of Lisi shadows, but with more of a color and finish range.   
Inglot shadows are 'creamy' especially for powder colors.
Like I mentioned, layering is a must, I think they are just designed that way. These do crease but, I think the 'creamy' texture makes the creases almost invisible, kind of like the shadow moves itself around on the lid and blends itself back together, LOL. It's weird, I'm weird and that's the best way I can think to explain it.



Cargo $16 single shadow/ $40 per palette (duane reade, cargocosmetics.com)- These are great, but the quality changes over each product. Some single shadows are good, some are bad. The palettes have great quality shadows, but little variety as far as texture. They are all shimmer colors in 'Paris' palette. You don't need a lot of eyeshadow , they are very close to urban decay quality. These also work with any primer, or with nothing at all. The colors are a big deceiving in the palette. I recommend swatching them before applying them to your face.


NYX $4-$6 single shadow/ $8-$30 per palette (ulta, cvs, nyxcosmetics.com)-I have tried a variety of NYX shadows, the palettes, the singles, the primals, WHATEVER!
I love the quality of the NYX singles as opposed to the palettes. The palette colors are just close in tone and will work together, but don't provide much variety as far as dark and light shades. They do have a good mix of shimmer and matte shadows per palette though.
     The Primals, I LOVE. I honestly think NYX should extend the primal range and include the same colors in a shimmer finish. Even without using the NYX white primer these colors are bright and pigmented! My only complaint would be the yellow. Without the whit underneath, the yellow requires a few layers to look as bright as it is in the package.
The singles are great too. They are affordable, small and come in such a variety of colors that you can crate your own palette.
     For all the NYX eyeshadows-they can be used with or w/o primer ( However, I recommend primer to decrease creasing and increase wear) They are a great quality for a great price!


No comments:

Post a Comment