Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, February 14, 2013

BB CREAM REVIEW

So this weeks review is on 3 different BB Creams by Garnier, L'oreal and Maybelline.

WHAT IS BB CREAM?!

BB creams (short for beauty or blemish creams) are like tinted moisturizers on steroids. In addition to hydrating and evening out skin tones, BB creams also treat the skin with antioxidants or other anti-aging ingredients, plus offer broad-spectrum SPF. 

-Allure Magazine


The first is Garnier B.B. Cream $11.99.  First let me say I was biased when I tried this. I love every Garnier product I've tried so why NOT the B.B. cream?! Right away I notice that the color palette is limited to only 3 shades and the are quite similar in color tone. I would use the medium/dark for myself, but in a pinch I could easily use the medium/light especially if I was using powder foundation on top.
The texture is smooth, a little thin, but creamy. It covered very well so, I did not feel like I needed concealer (especially if you are going for a natural look) It felt smooth on my skin. The cream blended  nicely and did not feel heavy or greasy. At $12 it is above my $10 price cap, but keep checking back here for those sales! One great new thing about this BB cream is that it comes in normal/dry skin  and normal/oily formulas.

Next we have Maybelline BB Cream $8. I liked Maybelline's cream before trying it, simply because it has 5 color choices available. Even with that amount of choices Maybelline still manages to leave out people with darker skin tones. 
The cream was the creamiest out of all 3 I sampled. It had great coverage (again, no concealer needed, if used with powder) It also felt the best on my skin. My skin felt normal and was still soft and flexible. Personally I would choose this BB. It was the best of all 3  brands I tried, it has great coverage, and will do great for the summertime when I do not feel like wearing a face full of makeup. PLUS with an under $8 price tag it's a great thing to have in this blog and in my makeup bag.


Lastly we have the L'oreal Professional Magic BB Cream $10.95. I saved this for last because it was not my favorite :(
It comes in 4 colors, but the colors are so far apart in range. If I were to get the dark one, it would be TOO dark but the next color TOO light. I admit it does cover well but, it makes my skin feel  chalky and dry. I was put off my the appearance of the cream when I first saw it. The "cream" was kind of watery and there were weird gray flecks in the mixture. I tried stirring it together but it didn't make a difference. It also had a chemical smell, where as the others barely had any smell at all.  The plus side is that L'oreal did make another BB cream that I hope to get my hands on and review for you soon.



Just because I only reviewed these 3 doesn't mean that you ONLY have these to choose from. There are other brands like Smashbox and Physicians Formula to name a couple. I will be constantly reviewing products so you might another review on more BB creams coming real soon. STAY TUNED!



No comments:

Post a Comment