Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, February 10, 2013

My Daily Routine

     I know everyone has a daily routine and I would just like to share mine with you. Over the years I've learned about my skin through trials of products and disappointment. Before you you try any product you have to know your skin! I repeat! KNOW YOUR SKIN!
It might take a while to figure out, it took me a while too, but it's worth it!
My face is:
Oily
Scars easily- I do have some acne scars ( believe me, I'll post pics)
Needs exfoliation
Needs moisture and hydration.
Only has an acne break out during what I "lovingly" refer to as "shark week" (menstruation).
Can not take harsh astringents and certain products.

First of all I only wash my face at night. I remove all my makeup before I do my first step which is exfoliate. I HAVE to exfoliate everyday. You may not need to and for most people it's harsh on their skin. Try once a week to start off with and if necessary increase to more times per week.  I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub $4.49. I scrub for about 3-5 minutes in a circular motion. I add a little water if the mixture starts to dry out while I'm applying it.
 
Next I use a cleanser. I like Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash Cream Cleanser $6.99. I apply this all over my face and leave it on for up to 10 minutes. Honestly my timing could be wrong. It's cold when I apply it and I usually leave it on until it's no longer cold. Then I wash it off. I always use hot water. Not hot enough to burn me but a comfortable temperature for me.
 

 
After my face is dry, since I do have old acne scars I use Garnier Dark Spot Corrector $12.99  and Dark Spot Overnight Peel $17.99. Now I know you're saying to yourself  "didn't this heffa promise me $10 items!?" But I assure you I did not pay sticker price for these items. I got them on sale, buy one get one 50% off AND used a $2.00 off coupon. Plus these items are worth the money! (I'll do a whole entry on items worth their price tag later on)  I use these because they work! I have pictures which I will post later as well. Now back to our regular programming. First I apply the corrector, since it's a cream and I wait a minute for it to soak in. I only use a pea sized amount for my whole face. Then after I use the peel. A little goes a loooong way, only one squirt does my whole face. This has to dry otherwise it will rub right off.


Since I don't wash my face in the morning ( I've read articles that advocate only washing your face once a day, to avoid excessive drying and trauma) I use sunscreen in the morning before my makeup. It's also a good idea to use a moisturizer. AND since I have dark spots having a little something extra to fight them is a good idea to me! So I found a product that helps with all 3. Ambi Even & Clean Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30 $12.39.  Again I hear the sighs of  "oh no! she's a liar! AGAIN" but I got this product on sale for $9.99 and I've had it over a year. All you need is one squirt to cover your face.

 
Even if you don't use these exact products it's really important to use a moisturizer on your face. Cleansers strip away the natural oils in your skin and you have to put some healthy moisture back it in. Also it's great to use a sunscreen to stop age spots, discoloration, skin damage and darkening of acne scars. Just make sure the sun screen is "oil free".
 
I can assure you I have bought all of these items on sale! The prices listed are the list prices and NOT what I actually paid. If there is a deal to be had, I will know and obviously pass the info on to you!
Thanks for reading and stick around for more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment