Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Weekly Review: Cleansers Part 2

Finally! Part 2 of our cleanser review is here!
      This go 'round I wasn't too fond of a few of the cleansers, but I stuck it out. Some of these weren't for me or my skin type and 1 was just BAD! I tried them all anyway, and even though they weren't terrible I doubt I'd make a future purchase of some of these products.

Just a little disclaimer: I purchase or obtained these samples myself, I did not receive and sponsorship from any of the companies in this article of any other article I've written.

Up first!

Ponds Luminous cleanser ($8)- silky, foamy, feels luxurious and moisturizing to touch. Not great for oily/combination skin. This product cleans well and leaves you skin feeling super soft.
Recommended use for dry skin (ONLY)








Suki Lemongrass Exfoliating Cleanser ($32) - Smells weird, sweet and lemony, but with an underlying chemical smell. Foams, minor exfoliation. Gets a plus for the lemon peel, but not my favorite. For an expensive product it was lacking. Left me wanting more and feeling like I had to rewash my face. After
using this. 




Juice Beauty Acne Fighting Cleanser ($22) - Similar to the Biore cleansers, but all natural.  Has a bit of an off smell. Cleanses well, and is part of an acne fighting system. My skin felt clean, but not dry.
Recommended for oily/acne proned skin






Clean and Clear Morning Burst ($7) - This product is nothing special. Another product with an "off" smell! Supposed to be morning burst and have a citrus smell, but lacked the wake up feeling. Exfoliating microbeads are seen in the cleanser, but you can't feel them, it's just not enough beads!






Simple Exfoliating Cleanser ($6)- Gentle cleanser, perfect for everyday use, doesn't foam, but still cleanses well. I like the exfoliating properties and the natural ingredients. I would only use it in the morning as my day time cleanser, but only because I need a stronger cleanser to cut the oil and cleanse my face. Does leave skin feeling dry.
Recommended for sensitive and normal skin.






Simple Refreshing Cleansing Gel ($6) - Very gentle, probably 1 step above just using water. Perfect for sensitive skin, again not something I would use on myself. If you like natural products this is perfect. It doesn't foam and it's almost like a lotion.
Recommended for normal and sensitive skin






Now time for one I REALLY did not like...

Ulta Foaming Face Wash ($9) - Lots of problems with this wash! It's pretty much a waste. It's thin and watery. It's supposed to foam, but it barely does. I thought I did something wrong, so I kept applying more and more, to no avail! I would NOT recommend this product at all.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment