Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, June 8, 2014

BEAUTY NEWS!!!

     Hello!! I am so happy you're back! Also welcome to all the 'newbies'!!!
I always invite people to visit my blog, and everytime I get an alert from a new follower, I am always excited! SERIOUSLY!! I am happy to see each and everyone of you!
So what's going on this week?
If you are in NYC and would like to see me in person and talk beauty, or to get a hug and a smile. I am at the Duane Reade on 57th Street and 6th Avenue, right down the block from Carnegie Hall!
I will be there Monday through Friday, 12 pm-7:30pm, plus there are other friendly beauty experts there to chat with as well.

PRODUCT ALERT!
Covergirl Bombshell Mascara
    There are numerous complaints that this mascara destroys lashes by making them fall out. I have never tried this product, but when I first read the complaints, I immediately thought "how are these women removing the mascara?" Some mascaras that do not label themselves as waterproof can be hard to remove and still need an oil based remover. So is the case with the Bombshell mascara.
     I recommend the Sephora or Almay waterproof makeup remover. Other options include coconut oil, vitamin e oil and even olive oil. If you do not want to even go through all that trouble, Covergirl makes a variety of other mascaras, or check out my review on mascaras for other options.

UPDATE!
Boots No. 7 Lash Serum
     I grow more and more obsessed with my brows each week. They just look so much thicker and fuller, that I am thinking of changing my brow routine. This week is the first week I will be fully grooming my brows. I have stayed away from doing so, because I did not want to destroy the growth process. I now feel comfortable enough in the process to try it.
     With my lashes I don't know if they really are much longer. My lashes are normally pretty long and I am not sure if I'm just use to that. My lashes are much stronger  and thicker though. I can press on my lashes and they  spring back. I also noticed another row of lashes forming right behind my current rows of lashes. I can't wait to see what happens in the next 4 weeks.

CHALLENGE UPDATE!
     1 month of just pink? What was I thinking?! after a few days I was thinking, I am so not going to make it through this. I forgot to include 1 more rule, that I can use gold and silver  in addition to the black and white. Just because those metallic are like neutrals as well.
I am going to keep up the challenge and of course pump up the creativity.

(cue celebratory music)
SALES (remember prices will be slightly different depending on location)

Walgreens/Duane Reade
BOGO 50% Jergens, Covergirl, Olay Regenerist, Maybelline, Hawaiian Tropics, Banana Boat
25% off mens No. 7 products

CVS
BOGO 50% Revlon, Physicians Formula, Artificial lashes and nails, Almay, Maybelline, Covergirl, Roc, Clearasil, CVS facial/sun care, Olay, Neutrogena (select varieties), Olay (select varieties)

Rite Aid
BOGO 50% Covergirl eye, lip and nail, St. Ives, Simple, Noxema, Nivea, Curel, Biore, Jergens, Revlon face, nail and eye, Banana Boat and Hawaiian Tropics, Almay foundation, powder, blush and concealer, L'Oreal skin/sun care
L'Oreal voluminous lashes, Wet Shine $6.99
L'Oreal Color Riche $7.99
Revlon Colorburst/Colorstay $6.99

No comments:

Post a Comment