Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

REVIEW!!! Mascara

     Sorry I know I'm late with my review! I don't mean to keep you waiting, I really don't, but look at it this way Spring Break just started for me and since I'm not going to Cancun or any other magical place I can blog until I'm sore!

Let's talk mascara! In the picture below I have 7 mascaras, 1 lash gel and 1primer. I will tell you how and why I used the primer and the gel with some of these mascaras.



 
 
CoverGirl Lash Blast ( $8.99)

Volumizer (orange container) - It made my lashes look thick, but I had to apply 2 coats. My lashes did not feel heavy or cakey, but they looked like there was a lot of product on them. My lashes felt firm, yet still flexible. The mascara lashed the entire day, it did not flake off or run. (did I mention it's waterproof too!)
 
 
Luxe (pink container)- This mascara has a shimmer to it. It is black, but the shimmer makes it look like a shiny charcoal gray. I have used this before so I know it's very thick and can go on like peanut butter and then you'll end up with clumped together lashes. To prevent this I used the lash gel to separate my lashes, then I was able to get the mascara one with 1 coat. The shimmer was still visible and no cakeyness!  The primer will work just as good and also make you lashes look longer. This is not an everyday mascara, unless you REALLY like shiny lashes in the day time.

 
 
Length (yellow container)- This is just a regular mascara. it went all well, it can be use for everyday, it's an easy go to. Does it lengthen? not so much. My lashes did not appear any longer than they originally were.
 
 

 

Smashbox Full Exposure ($19.50)-This mascara goes on easy even though it's thicker than the others tested. I do not like the brush though, because it's very fluffy and big to take on the small task of lashes.  I do have a complaint though, with other mascaras I've tried my lashes were still flexible and felt "human". With this one, my lashes felt stiff and plastic like, almost like false lashes. It stayed on all day and did not run. You could practically peel the mascara off you lashes if you wanted too.

 
 
Max Factor Vivid Impact ($4.00-$18.00 available on overstock, buy.com, ebay, amazon)- This mascara comes with 2 parts. One end is a base coat and the other a highlighting coat in a funky color. I think you might be able to get this look using a mascara brush and a cream shadow. I had my doubts about this product because the highlighting coat was kind of thin. The highlight color (pink) did not go on evenly. The pink was kind of static on the lashes and trying to add more on, only wiped some off. I would use it for a fun night out, but not for everyday. I have faith I can find a way to manipulate this product and make it work better for me, but until then it only gets an average grade.
 
 
 
 
E.L.F
3-in-1 Mascara ($3.00)- I like this mascara. It's thin, but it coats well and lasts all day. The brush, with the little ball on the end, coats every lash and makes coating bottom lashes easier. It's smooth and dries quickly. It's not heavy on the lashes is a good must have for your make up kit.
 
 
 
Studio Mineral Infused Mascara ($3.00)- This is MY mascara! I use this almost everyday and after a year it's still a fluid and hasn't dried out. It goes on smooth every time, I have never had a clump. I'll probably use this until the end of my days...or until another product comes along that's even better. (as you can see the name is rubbed off, but it's still good!)
 
 
 
 

I would like to report a FAIL in the mascara department. I tried the Showtime mascara by N.Y.C ($3.99) and I think it was probably dry as soon as it was put in the tube. It was hard to get it on my lashes. It's totally not worth the $4, even as an experiment. I didn't even keep it long enough to take a picture of the package.

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment