Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, June 1, 2014

It's OK To...

     I have had many questions (and also made many observations) about the way people apply their makeup, now they buy their makeup and skincare products and what products people do and or don't use and why.
 In case you where wondering, this is pretty much a list of FAQ's or FOP's (frequently observed problems)

It is OK To...

1* Ask for help/Accept help- don't go into a store, stand in front of the products and expect something to jump out at you. If you have a skin concern, address it with the people that know their stuff.
     As a beauty advisor, I meet people who start telling me their skin care problems with         " this is embarrassing..." Don't be embarrassed! We've heard it all and personally, I can say, I'm not judging you because of your skin concern. I may not like you routine or lack their of, but I'm going to give you a GREAT/PERFECT product, advice and good conversation!

2* Betray your brand-You love that Neutrogena cleanser, but are not a fan of the moisturizer. Don't buy it! Just because it's the same brand, that you love isn't going to help you. You have to get something that WORKS! Brands will create product for where the money is. Buying a product that you are not crazy about, just because you recognize the brand, is costing you more in the long run, except you're paying the price with your face.

3* Miss/Skip a day-I did a whole article on this here. Pay close attention to 5 and 6

4* Change cleansers/foundation color or type/moisturizers with the seasons-Your skin changes with the seasons, why not your products? It' good to use a light moisturizer in the summer, especially if you seat a lot. Some moisturizers just may be too heavy for the summer heat or too light if you tend to dry out in the winter. Change products accordingly.
     Maybe in the summer you're oily. Get a cleanser with oil controlling or acne fighting properties.
     If you only need these products for 3/4 months, you might still have some for the next year.
     
4b* Change cleansers/treatments/foundations as needed-I change my cleanser once a month, when I have a breakout and I also add a salicylic acid spot treatment. If you need too change any part of your routine, for any reason, just know that it's OK.
     Lastly, foundation...you will need to change your foundation at LEAST twice I year.
I changed mine about 4 times last year. I changed twice between May and August. It happens, it's a part of life, so don't think you'll be using the same color foundation for the entire year.

5* Change your routine-I exfoliate more frequently in summer than I do any other time of the year. Also I need a 'refresher' in the middle of the day, whether I'm wearing makeup or not, that I don't need those things in the winter time. In the summer BB cream is NOT my friend. It literally melts off my face. These are changes you have to make with the seasons, and according to your skin type.

It Is NOT OK To...

1*Change products like you change underwear- Things don't work that fast. With hair products I recommend sticking with the product at least a week (if you are washing your hair daily)
With skin products it depends on what it is. With a moisturizer/cleanser/mask/exfoliator, you might be able to tell if you like the product almost immediately. BUT if the product has some acne clearing properties, moisturizing properties of anti aging properties, you could be looking at a 2-4 week commitment before you see or don't see any results.

2*NOT use Sunscreen- Most skin problems are cause by the sun. 1 in 5 people get some form of skin cancer. 'NUFF SAID

3*NOT wash your face-You have to wash your face! Wipes, won't cut it! Body wash /soaps,  won't do! Water, not a chance! You have to get a face wash that works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment