Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, March 1, 2013

REVIEW: Glitter Eyeliner

I have JUST taken off the last of my makeup which included one of the eyeliners I am going to review today.
To make sure the "experiment" as I refer to it is not biased, I applied the same type/style and brands of makeup everyday for 3 days. The only thing I changed was the eyeliner. I did switch up my concealer the last 2 times because the new one I tried just did not cover well. I did still used it on my eyelids so I could keep this experiment even.
     I applied every liner the same way, one swipe with the brush from the outer corner to the middle and one swipe from the inner corner to the middle, then one last swipe across the entire eyelid. I took 1 picture right after I applied the makeup and 1 picture 12 hours later.

this is the 3 of them on the back of my hand. elf is on the top, ruby kisses is in the middle (black) and nyx is on the bottom

The first one ( as well as our $1 GEM of the week) is 'copper" by eyeslipsface. To be honest I did not expect this one to last. I borrowed it from my sister to test {I will beg, borrow and steal for this blog :)!!} It has kind of a thin, very liquid consistency. Once I applied it, I kept my eye closed and fanned it for 10 seconds while it dried. The glitter is small, about the average size of glitter. It goes on smooth and stayed on the entire 12 hours and probably could have gone longer! There was no flaking and it did not make my eyelid feel dry or sticky, nor did it aggravate my eyes in any way. Plus the cost is GREAT at only $1!
10:30 am
 
10:30 pm
 
Our next at bat is studio liquid liner in gold by NYX. I figured this would work the best but I was mistaken. The glitter is superfine. It's almost like a shimmer liner rather than a glitter. It lasted about 10 of the 12 hours. At hour 10 it started to crack. 1 eye started to peel off and by the time I wiped of my makeup, my left eye had hardly any liner left on it. The right eye had cracked and started to flake off. The liner went on smoothly and dried almost instantly. Again no irritation of any kind. Retail value $4.50.
 
 
    1pm
                                                                                                  1am
 
The last one is by Ruby Kisses. I don't know this brand, so I didn't know what to expect. I got it at a local store that sells cosmetics. The liner has silver and black glitter in a black tinted gel. It went on smooth and stayed in place but still felt loose and wet on my eyelids. The glitter in the gel was average sized, but I still did not get the glittery effect I got with the other two liners. The glitter was scattered throughout the liner. It did last the entire 12 hours. and maybe could have gone longer. I'm surprised the tinted gel didn't fade.  Once again no issues, no irritation. Retail value $2.99
 
                                                                                               11am
11pm
 
I must admit it felt weird walking around with glitter eyelids at 10am. I am 95% sure i would normally never do such a thing unless the event warranted it. BUT it was for a great cause.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment