Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, January 18, 2014

REVIEW: Powder Brushes

     I own several different brands of brushes I will be reviewing only a portion of the brushes I own. I'll save the rest for a future review.
      A good brush is just as essential as having a good foundation match. I have my favorites. My personal preference for face powder brushes, is that they are big and fluffy! The bigger and fluffier the brush, the more surface area I can cover in a shorter amount of time...and I'm all about less time when it comes to applying makeup everyday.
*TIP* Make sure you wash all your brushes BEFORE you use them for the first time.

Speaking of BIG and Fluffy let's talk about our first brush...


NYX B01 " The Big One" ($30) - This is a BIG all over face brush. I LOVE the size of the brush, but there's a problem, after a couple of uses the brush get rough. So I washed it hoping it would soften up more with a REAL wash. It did, but after a couple uses, it was once again rough. I washed it with shampoo and conditioner, but let the conditioner sit on the brush overnight. After I rinsed it out, I was left with a softer brush which so far has not reverted back to it's original form.


Bdellium Tools 959 ($17)- Smaller than I liked and would imagine. It's almost the size of a blush brush. Study design, appears to be very well made, with soft bristles. The color will get trapped in the bristles easily. If you're anal retentive like myself :/ then you would be scrubbing a lot, to get the color out. This brush is from Bdellium's antibacterial line.


EcoTools ($8/set)- Small yet effective. Almost like an animal hair brush. It's durable. The size and rounded shape is more suitable for blush application. I'd prefer it for that purpose rather than foundation application.


ELF powder brush ($3)-There are a few ELF face brushes The white 'professional' brush for $1 is terrible!! It's hard, gets disheveled and looks worn out after only a few uses. The black brushes are MUCH better. The are soft, sturdy, and professional looking. These brushes actually peaked my interest in more expensive brushes. If a $3 brush can be made this well then a $40 brush must be awesome!


Crown ($24.95/set)- This brush is a little light and not as big as I would like it to be, but it does the job. It's soft and easy to clean. It doesn't pick up and hold a lot of product…that could be why it's easy to clean. Nothing can be said so far about the durability, but it's a little skeptical.


Wet N Wild ($10/set) -I was surprised by this brush. It's about standard size ( same as the ELF brush). Soft bristles, sturdy design. Applies powder evenly.


No comments:

Post a Comment