Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, January 24, 2014

WEEKLY REVIEW: Eyeshadow Brushes

     So next up for "Brush Month" Eye Shadow Brushes! I have tried many, a lot of them not so high end...I actually got NYX shadow brushes 3 for $5 at this "hoochie clothing store". They were on clearance. They had ELF stuff too, but it was over priced, I would have done much better getting it from the website. Who sells ELF items 3 for $12? Anyway...on to the review.


ELF Eyeshadow Brushes ($1/$3) eyeslipsface.com-I love these brushes and have been using the ones from the studio set for over a year. They're still very well put together. The essential brushes are just as good. I own quite a few. I even had them as a $1 *GEM* last year.


Coastal Scents Eyeshadow Brush BRCN02 ($4) coastalscents.com-I love, love, love this brush! It's study, fluffy, soft, picks up a lot of shadow and spreads it evenly! After getting a free brush in one of my beauty boxes, I ordered more. I never thought I would like natural brushes. I had fears of break outs and the smell of the brushes when they're wet is a little of putting. BUT if you wash them with shampoo and conditioner they smell better.


NYX Shadow 1 Brush ($5) nyx.com-NYX brushes kinda scare me. Out of the package they already look "well loved". After the initial wash, they look better, but it doesn't take much for them to start to look bad. Once I got these brushes, I discovered the TRUE meaning of brush keepers. It works well, I actually went and bought a few more, but I wonder about the longevity of these brushes.


Crown Eyeshadow Brush ($20/ for the set) crownbrush.us or hautelook.com-the M.O. of these brushes seem to be that they're light, and don't have tightly packed bristles. I use this and the blender brush to apply color, but not to blend. The brush just isn't strong enough to blend colors. The brush head is just too long and not built for the blending process.


 Bdellium Tools Antibacterial Eyeshadow Brush 774 ($10) bdelliumtools.com- This brush is made very well, but something about it makes it too light and hard to maneuver. I think the brush head is just too long. I have been thinking about cutting down the bristles to make them shorter and easier to maneuver.

I have PLENTY more brushes to review, these are just a few for now. Stay tuned! I have more coming.
I do have some brush I DO NOT love or even remotely like! I'll let you know all about those products later, maybe even in a video...HMMMMM...

No comments:

Post a Comment