Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, June 20, 2013

How I do my Makeup- Mineral Powder

In this "limited series" (that's what I'm calling this...sounds dramatic) the second installment is how I apply my makeup using mineral powder foundation. Most of the products I used in this application were by ELF. This is my go to application! I'm comfortable with it, I'm comfortable with ELF's colors and products so that's why I used it for this post. I have other mineral makeup, but I didn't want any hiccups, so I stuck with what I know.

This is the end result.
I went for a light, natural look b/c I had to run out for a little while and didn't want to look silly with an overdone full face, wearing yoga pants and a My Little Pony t-shirt.








I'll save you the pic of my real before picture. I posted it in the first installment. The pic below is after all the color correcting and concealing using the MUD corrector and Coastal Scents concealer as before. I also gelled my eyebrows with the Anastasia gel.

 
Next, I used the powder. I need a mix of Toffee and Almond. Depending on the time of year I'm always using at least 1 of these colors or a combination of the 2. Right now I'm using more Toffee, b/c of my slight tan, and a little Almond. By January I might be using Almond as my sole color.  It's normal for this to happen to everyone!
Back to the process! I was using ELF's makeup kit that comes with 4 powders/bronzers, 4 blushes. 8 lipsticks and 40 eyeshadows, so I do not have specific names for the other colors I used. I'll review the kit later and highlight the ones I have experience with.
I used a dark pink on my cheeks after I applied the foundation. It's a very light dusting, concentrating on the apples of my cheeks and sweeping up toward my hair line. I also filled in my brows.
                                                                                      blush- looks lighter
                                                                                         b/c of the flash
 
I used 3 colors for my eyes. This is my standard application. I used 1 base color all over up into the crease. This color sometimes serves as my highlight and the other two colors are for main color and contour. I apply the 2nd color all over my eye lid and apply the contour color to my crease. Always blending  the colors for a seamless look. The pic below shows the base color  applied all over up into the crease.
  
   

 
I used dark brown eyeliner, the same one I used on my brows, to line my top lashes. I smudged it up and out into the corners and into my lash line.
Then, I applied ELF Mineral mascara to my top lashes and VERY lightly on my bottom lashes.
I finish the look with ELF Mineral Tinted lip balm with SPF in Rose.

Overall, this look is light and gives you just a hint of color.
Ideally you could use any colors to achieve this light finish. Besides mauve-ish colors, I like using browns, coppers and golds and mixing my matte colors with my shimmer colors.

Stay tuned for the next installment where I use a dual finish powder. Not sure what dual finish means? I'll explain it all next week. Until then TTFN!


No comments:

Post a Comment