Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

How I do my makeup-BB cream

So I'm over here writing about beauty and makeup and I have never told you how I make myself up. I use different techniques, because I'm always trying new products, for a good reason of course! Since it's summer I wanted something easy and light, so I figured a BB cream would be just that. It saves steps b/c it's a moisturizer, sunscreen and makeup all in one. I washed and applied Lumene C+ drops before I started.

                                                      AFTER                          BEFORE   
 
To get the above look I used Maybelline BB cream in medium and applied it all over my face with my fingers. I sometimes use a stipple brush, but I cheated :) I also used a brow gel by Anastasia.

color corrector        covered with
       applied         concealer and blended


  Next I applied MUD deep brown color corrector and Coastal Scents concealer. I put the color corrector under  my eyes and directly on my dark spots in my chin area. I also filled in my brows with an dark brown eyebrow pencil.                                          




 
I wanted to use fun funky colors so I used a palette I created from Micheal Marcus. I got it for a steal at the Makeup Show, but the retail value of each shadow is about $15 a piece, but the shadow tin is a generous size. (about the size of a half dollar). The woman working the booth said she had her tin for 3 years.
 
Top: "Intoxicating" covered my entire lid up to my brows,
but concentrated on the lid area (I added more of this color
at the end for extra saturation and 'pop' :)
 
Middle: Then "Insatiable" was blended into the crease from the
 inner to outer corner. (very rich color! only used a tiny bit)
 
Bottom: "Envy" was blended into the out corner area.
 

My palette- the picture does not do it justice! And considering the colors it's surprisingly versatile.
 
 I added an Olive eyeliner by Ulta to the top lash line and a dark brown liner by LA Girl to the bottom lash line. Below is the complete eye, including L'Oreal telescope mascara...BUT before I added the mascara I realized I forgot the blush!
                                               
 
 
I mixed 2 blushes, both by ELF 'mellow mauve' which I wear all the time and 'candid coral.'
I used the coral all along my cheek bone and concentrated a little of the mauve on the apples of my cheeks.
 
 
After I apply all my makeup EXCEPT the mascara and lipstick, I will spray my face with a fixative, if I need to, just for extra long wear. 
 
My lipstick is actually a mixture of 2 lipsticks ( with all the mixing you see I was feeling EXTRA creative this day) The base color is Wet n Wild matte lipstick in 'Bare it All' then I topped this with  L'Oreal infallible lip color in 'Hibiscus.'

 
 
 
Overall I like the BB cream application it's great for spring weather, especially when it's not too humid. The humidity on Monday caused me to look extra shiny/oily after only a couple hours outside. Knowing that it was rainy, I should have used a powder or dual finish powder application instead. In the pictures it might look like I was shiny already, but I assure you it was just the flash from my camera.
 
If you have any questions about the products used of the techniques I will gladly answer them. Thanks for reading. TTFN!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment