Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, June 24, 2013

Weekly Review: All-in-One Makeup sticks

     I was staring at my pile of products left try out and feeling a little overwhelmed! The thought of trying out 6 weeks worth of facial cleansers, 8 brands of lipstick, 5 brands of jumbo eye sticks, 4 blushes and more unidentified samples had me going a little insane, but the SHOW MUST GO ON, 1 experiment at a time and I'll write about each and every product I try!
     This weeks review is about all-in-one sticks. These are makeup sticks that work for cheeks, lips and eyes.

     First up is NARS's Multiple ($38 at Sephora & NARS counters and store)-I have heard a lot of hype over this product. I had a chance to see it used at the Sephora seminar and I was intrigued by it. The idea of this kind of item is not new. The color I picked was 'Malibu'. It's the type of color that looks good on a variety of skin tones.
Being NARS, it was silky and creamy, but I feel like I needed SO MUCH for the pigment to show up on my skin. I added more and more to bring out the pigment and the result was a VERY natural look.
There was sheen on my lips and eyes, with a tiny bit of color on my cheeks. Overall I felt this product was nothing special. I was all for spending the price asked for this item, thinking that this product would obviously be worth it. I'm glad I got a sample size for a fraction of the cost.
     I expected the color to be more pigmented, but I had to keep adding additional product to make the color pop up giving me a clue that it might not be all it's cracked up to be. If you want a VERY natural, almost invisible look, then this it for you...but there are 2 other products I will talk about here, that might make you reconsider it.
 
ELF all over stick ($1, eyeslipsface.com)- I have used this product before, I bought it last year, but used it only as blush. I like the color because once blended, it gives a natural flush. The smell of the stick is a sweet orange scent, it's not bad, but I can do without it. I used it for the first time on my eyes and lips and it worked fine. I knew I had to be careful about how much I used b/c I did not want to come out too pink. Compared to the NARS stick, you do not need as much. There is a slight shimmer to the stick, which I don't mind. I would rather spend $1 on this that the $38 to get a similar look with the NARS stick.
 








Lastly we have the Glossy Stick by Mirenesse ($26, mirenesse.com)- I got this in my birchbox
 (a beauty box I will review next week). I love the color, it's 'Glossy Kiss' and nice red/orange. Really it's for lips and cheeks, but what the hell!, let's try it for eyes too. Like the other sticks it's soft, goes on smooth, but it's more matte once applied to the face. It's VERY and pigmented. After my previous experience with the NARS item, I got over zealous and may have applied more to my cheeks than I'd liked. I fixed it easily extra blending. I liked the pop of color and paired it with a dark brown eye liner (just like I did with all the other sticks). The pencil shape made it easier to apply to lips and eyes. I would used this stick again, but on my lips only. I LOVE it as a lipstick! The color would even go well from day to night.

Any questions or comments about the above products are more than welcome! Stay tuned for more reviews and information...Until then ,TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment