Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Review: Makeup Remover

HELLO AGAIN!!!
GREAT news this week, all 3 items in this review are under $10!!! BUT, it still makes a difference on which one you use. As you will learn by reading my blog frequently, not all deals are created equal. Here's the good and the bad.

Let's start with my old favorite...


Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover $9.50 (sephora.com) - I LOVE THIS!!! I know I have mentioned this product before and have gushed about it, but it deserves a second mention as the #1 remover! It's ophthalmologist tested. This stuff is magic in a bottle!! It didn't irritate my eyes or any part of my face. Also, it won't clog your pores and barely has a scent. At 4.2 ounces I think this product is a great deal. If you don't wear waterproof makeup everyday, this bottle should last you a while! I've had mine 6 months. I tend to use it just to get off my mascara, when a makeup wipe doesn't do the trick.




Maybelline Expert Eyes  $4 ( drugstores & beauty supply stores)- This one will probably be my new everyday use item. It's VERY gentle. Also ophthalmologist tested and oil free. It is supposed to be only for washable makeup, HOWEVER I tested it on a waterproof liner and it worked! ( It was a VERY difficult liner to get off too!)  It's super gentle and perfect for sensitive eyes. The bottle is 2.3 ounces. Comparing it to the Sephora remover price wise, it's a little bit better deal. I am not sure it will work on all waterproof makeup, like it did for my liner, but at the price it's worth a shot!





Wet n' Wild Eye Makeup Remover $2 (drugstores)- This is a bad item, I'm sad to say. There are some inexpensive items that are WONDERFUL, but this is bad as soon as you smell it. It's strong and smells like a household cleanser. It says all the nice things like " ophthalmologist tested", "oil free" and " hypoallergenic", I'm not sure if this is all true. It made my eyes water and I had to rinse my face off. It was just too strong. I'm trying to figure out what to do with it because I don't want to waste it. All in all it was a bad investment!










No comments:

Post a Comment