Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Beauty News!!!

    Hello once again beautiful people!!! I am happy that you're here, and reading, and exploring and hopefully trying things out or asking questions. PLEASE ask questions. There is never a stupid question.
So we'll cover a lot in this article today.
1.Debrief from "No Buy Month"
2.Review sales for the week
3.Halloween!!!

     "No Buy Month" was a success. I realized how much stuff I had, tried new products different ways and was able to streamline my collection of items I use daily. I also saved money and learned how to do more with less. The downside was I missed some great sales, like ULTA's 21 days of deals :(
     But, no worries! Christmas will be here soon and stores love having sales around that time, plus there will be lots of special editions! I will try a "No Buy Month" again, until I get it right.
     Next time I'd like to impose harder restrictions on myself. Like not opening or using any items from my beauty boxes for the month. Plus I have to remember to stock up on basic items before the month starts. I have about 2 inches of eyebrow pencil left, 1/2 pack of makeup wipes and a corner of waterproof eye makeup remover.
     I will be doing it again and I'll be sure to give you guys about 2 months to prepare for the next makeup fast. In the mean time, I'll be preparing for yet another challenge that I'll reveal next week! It will be exciting and of course challenging, but always fun! I am actually looking forward to it myself.

     I'll skip sales and move right into Halloween. I know some people hate it, but I LOVE it. I love dressing up. I normally have 2 costumes ready and something/ some place to go. This month I'll be posting Halloween looks with '"how to" instructions. Of course these looks will be inexpensive and easy to execute! I just did the first one tonight and it was fun. I'll have it posted on Wednesday. For the preview of the finished look you can check out my instagram-aprilmaykup.

Now SALES!!!
I love sales and how I missed them!
Ulta
NYX for 40% off
There is also a new kit available from Ulta. Since they're out of the 61 piece set that I reviewed earlier this year, they now have a 71 piece set for $25 AND its BOGO 50% off

CVS
Revlon, Covergirl and Olay are BOGO 50%

Walgreens
Simple skincare is BOGO FREE!!!! -so get on that immediately
L'Oreal, Revlon, Neutrogena, Garnier skincare, and Covergirl are BOGO 50%
On Thursday from 6pm-9pm select Walgreens will have "Beauty Nite Out" and all Wet n' Wild products from the Fergie collection will be 25% off and nail polish will be BOGO FREE!!!

     Sephora of course has no sales, but please check the sale section for products you may have missed or would like to try. Also I like the sample sizes. That way you can spend a fraction of an amount to try before you buy...kinda :/ at least before you invest A LOT of money in something.

I'll also get you Rite Aid sales ASAP!

     I'll be back later in the week with my photo "how to" and a review of products I've tried. This week it'll be cleansers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment