Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Look #3-Mermaid

My final Halloween look is the Mermaid.
It can be broken down into 2 sections. If you want to do just the eyes for the mermaid look, Fantastic!
But after that I take it a little further adding scales on my forehead and cheek area.
 
Materials:
Shimmer eyeshadows in purple,  royal blue, sea green and gold
Darker foundation 1 shades  ( for contour,  if have a contour kit, it's equally as good!) A matte brown shadow may also be used.
Blue/teal liquid eyeliner (gel liner may also be used)
Eyeshadow primer or tinted cream shadow
Hair net 
Green or teal/blue mascara

Materials I used:
100 elf palette  $10
Nyx eye base  $6
Elf liquid liner pen  $1
Hair net (borrowed) $3
Rimmel teal mascara $4

Step 1
I applied my foundation. I actually used a color 1 shade lighter than my  normal color. I did this because I new I'd be. Applying a dark blue and a lot of contour in places it wouldn't normally be.

Step 2
I wanted to create a thinner looking,  fish like face, so I contoured my nose thinner. I also contoured my cheeks, starting At the usual point by the earlobe but bringing it down to the jaw bone, and chin.  Don't forget underneath the chin as well.

Step 3
I wanted to get the eyes right! I wanted this look to be pretty and give you options. Essentially you could just do the eyes and end your mermaid look there w/o using the extra steps.
First I primed the eye and eyebrows with the white base. I even did the bottom lash line.
Next apply your sea green shadow all
Over the eye and on the bottom lash line.
Our royal blue goes in the crease. 

Blend that in the entire socket area.
The purple goes in the inner and outer corners of the eye.
Add the blue liner.
I forgot to add the mascara until all the way at the end. If you're stopping here add the green or teal/blue mascara and you're done! But for those that want to push the mermaid look further move on to the next steps.
For my brows, I tapped in the blue eyeshadow with a brush. 









Step 4
I tied a hairnet around my face. Try not to laugh at my pic :)
We'll be adding different layers for an iridescent look.
First I dabbed for blue on my forehead and cheeks.
Next I put some purple
Then sea green
And last gold
I layered them in some areas to give the translucent, opal like effect of scales.
I sprayed the areas with a fixative to stop it from moving around, then removed the hairnet.





Step 5
As a final accent and to make the scales more noticeable (or to clean up mistakes) you can take a concealer and lightly go over the lines made by the hairnet.

Step 6 (remember to moisturize the lips first!)
LIPS
First color lips with eye primer.
Put sea green in the center of the lip.
then blue on either side of the green.
lastly add purples to the corners of the lips.

VIOLA!!! take a look at the mermaid you!



















No comments:

Post a Comment