Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Halloween look #2-Lion/Lioness

     I chose to do this look on someone else because it made the process a lot quicker. Plus, this little girl loves having her makeup done!

 
Materials:
-bronzer with shimmer (or gold eyeshadow with shimmer)
-matte shadows in burnt orange, pink, black and brown   
-shimmer shadows in copper and gold.
-cream shadows in peach and bronze
-white face paint
-white eyeshadow base or gel liner. 
Optional
Lashes
Mascara
Black gel liner  
 
 Materials I used:
-elf eyeshadow palette $10
-elf cream eyeshadow in butter pecan $1
-nyx white eyeshadow base $6
-white face paint ( came in a kit with other items) $5
-wet n' wild gel liner in black $3 
-body shop bronzer $30 ( I know, pricey ass bronzer, especially for this blog! but I got it in a kit from the body shop with a smokey palette and "lip tar"/gloss for $10 on clearance)
 
 
Step 1
I used primer all over her face. It was just to help the makeup stay on since no foundation was used. Then I applied the bronzer all over to give the face a little shine and as a base for all our other makeup.
 
Step 2
Make a white oval shape around the mouth, stopping under the nose. If it's uneven, it's ok we'll fix it later. Also take this time to cover the lips and tip of the nose. I know my niece and I knew she couldn't handle having her lips covered until the end.  Also block out the area underneath the eyes. 
 
Step 3
With the darkest brown, I used a brush to apply the shadow around her hairline and on her jaw bone. I spread the dark brown all over her jaw to contour it and make her face look more angled.

Step 4
Apply the burnt orange color around the top of her face as well, but only from cheek to cheek. Then under her eyes and around the mouth, barely covering the edge of the white we applied earlier. 
 
Step 5
For the nose I used a little cream blush set with powder, but this other method I'll have you use works the same, but cuts down on materials.
Since (ideally) the nose is already covered with eyeshadow base, apply the pink shadow. It might take a couple layers of powder to get it as pink as you like.

Step 6
Using the dark brown again make a line on the nose, right where the pink ends. Also start contouring the nose. Make a line with your shadow on each side of the nose right into the eyebrow
Once you have these lines drawn, go back in with more shadow and blend.  Add a little black to create a stronger contrast if necessary. 
Next, paint 2 small triangles right on the nostrils with black gel liner.
Highlight the bridge of the nose with the shimmery bronzer.

 

Step 7
Using our black shadow again, line the lower lash line, being sure to draw it beyond the outer corner.
I could have used a pencil liner, but my model  wouldn't have liked that.
Also add more eye base underneath if needed. Set with the white eyeshadow.












Step 8  FUR!!!
We did several layers of fur.
Using quick strokes, draw lines around the face using the dark brown shadow,  then  gold, the copper. I could not find strong enough variations in my palette
So I used the cream shadow to add in bronze darks and peach highlights.

Step 9   Lips
If you haven't already,  prime the lips with eyeshadow base. Using shadow draw a small black triangle in the middle of the bottom lip. This is what I did, but I recommend you use a cream product first like a black or very dark lipstick, the set it with a black  eyeshadow. It will last longer and pop against the white background. 



Step 10
Optional
Add mascara and/or lashes.
(My model is wearing neither )    

 Ta-Da!
 The look is complete!!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment