Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Weekly Review-Cleansers

     Like so many other things, the perfect cleanser (for yourself ) is hard to find! I tested 16 cleansers...so far. Below I reviewed 8. These were all great products, some just not for me and my skin type. I shared my recommendations and hopefully one of these will work for you...if not I have another review of cleansers waiting in the wings.  A few of the cleansers listed, I have already incorporated into my skincare routine.
     These products can be found at local drugstores, Ulta, Sephora, Walmart and Target.

Neutrogena Oil Free Cleanser ($8)- This is an old favorite. I've been using this for years. Its a great everyday cleanser, but it's not good for acne breakouts.  I find it a little bit much for twice a day cleansing. It's heavy, creamy and doesn't foam. However, you can feel it cleaning out your pores ,with this tingling sensation that goes from icy to warm. It contains salicylic acid.
Recommended for daily use for people with oily or combination skin.







Biore Ice Blemish Clearing Cleanser ($7)-  I use this cleanser for about 2/3 days before "shark week" and 2/3 days after, depending on how bad my breakout was. This cleanser is cooling, foamy, and leaves skin feeling fresh and clean. When used frequently, it can become harsh to the skin, leaving redness in some areas, even with my sparing use. Does irritate my eyes slightly, but this is balanced by the cooling effect.
Recommended for use when needed, for oily or acne proned skin.





Biore Pore Clearing Scrub ($7)  foamy, slightly exfoliating, creamy. Similar to the ice cleanser without the cooling effect and I used it for the same reason. 
Recommended for use when needed, for oily or acne proned skin.                                    







Biore Cleanser for Combination ($7)  Just like the name suggests this cleanser is for combination skin.  It's lighter than the other 2 Biore products on the list. Since it's for combination skin,  ideally it's designed not to leave dry/normal parts dry and still work on diminishing oil in the oily areas.  Recommended this for all skin types (except sensitive) especially if you find other acne clearing products too harsh.






Cetaphil  ($12) This cleanser can be used with or without water, which amazes me. I didn't try the dry application, but it makes me wonder where this cleanser was when I was working at a camp! Its very gentle, it doesn't foam. 
 Recommended it for sensitive, dry or normal skin. It just doesn't cut  it for oily skin.













Family Dollar Cleanser ($3.50) This is a definite dupe for Cetaphil! Same formula, results,  everything! But at 1/3 the cost.
















Bliss Fabulous Foaming Face Wash ($24)- I wanted to love this ever since I smelled it. The smell is addictive and delicious, like glazed donuts or candy! It contains microbeads for light exfoliation.  It's foamy, light and cleans well. Can be used daily. I even use it as a morning cleaser. After using a harsh one at night I just want something light in the morning and this does the trick.
Recommended for all skin types.












Yes to Grapefruit ($12)- I love this stuff. Why? Well it has citrus which helps with dark spots, exfoliating crystals and salicylic acid to help with oil and acne. This is my new everyday cleanser. I use it once a day in the evening. Leaves my skin feeling clean, soft and smells like fresh grapefruits!   
Recommended use for normal to oily skin types
(even if you don't have dark spots)           
                                            


I'll continue the rest of this review in November, just to make room for all the Halloween looks I have to post this month.
As usual if you have questions/comment please leave them below.
THANKS FOR READING!!
 
                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment