Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Beauty News!!! and Challange Recap

     HELLO!!! Is it spring yet? not where I am...although I am fighting off my annual spring cold, which means maybe it is spring.
     Before we get into the weekly sales, let's do a challenge recap.
We are in the second week of our "1 palette 7 days" challenge. This week I used a smoky eye palette from The Body Shop. Some background on this palette-it contains 3 powder colors and 1 cream color. The colors go on easy and evenly, but they don't last. That was my main problem with this palette, I could only do so much because of the fading and creasing. I used primer and sometimes the cream shadow before I applied the powders, however,  nothing worked to stop the creasing. These shadows are an absolute fail! I was worried I wouldn't get a lot of fun creative looks with these typical colors. Even if you don't wear makeup all the time, everyone has a smoky eye kit, or that one silver or one black eyeshadow.

Here are the looks I got: (from left to right)

1- black on the lid, cream under the brow, black liner
2-silver in the inner corner, grey in the middle, black in the corner, black liner
3-silver on the lid, grey in the crease, black liner
4-smokey eye-black near the lash line, grey in the middle, silver under the brow, black liner
5-silver on the lid, black in the corner and crease, black liner
6-grey on the lid, black liner
7-silver in the inner corner and under bottom lash line, grey from the middle to the corner, black liner (liquid)
* where it looks sparkly I dabbed on cream shadow

     Now that I see all the looks together, they look different. I didn't feel that way while I was doing them. The last look was actually my first attempt at doing something that edgy. It came out good, but I need practice :) Plus it would NEVER stay because,  the shadows are so crappy.

     We will only be doing this challenge for 2 more weeks, so you still have time to join in! You can always email me your looks, tag me and follow me on instagram @ aprilmaykup.

     This week I'll be doing 7 looks using the "Spoiled Brat" palette from Wet n' Wild. It contains a silver, sparkly black and a mauvey pink. This palette is similar to the one I just used, but with a pop of color.
     The silver is a more pure silver. The black is still matte but has sparkles in it. I like to say that this palette was my gateway drug, it got me into trying to figure out what the words "crease" and "browbone" meant...and when I couldn't, I just created my own looks :) But, that was ages ago...or so it seems.

 
 
SALES!!!
This is the LAST week of ULTA's 21 DAYS OF BEAUTY!!! I will be going in tomorrow to get my Anastasia Brow Gel for $11!! I believe the limit of 2 per person.
 
BOGO 50%- Revlon, Olay Fresh Effects, Covergirl, Almay
L'oreal mascara an lipsticks for $6, $7 and $8
Maybelline $2 off
 
BOGO 50%- Covergirl, Almay, Lumene, NYC, Roc, Revlon, Acnefree
L'Oreal mascara $7.99
Covergirl Mascara $6.99
 
BOGO 50%- Aquaphor, Almay, Revlon, Maybelline, Covergirl, Olay
40% L'Oreal
Revlon lip products $4.99
Physicians Formula BOGO FREE


No comments:

Post a Comment