Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, March 24, 2014

BEAUTY NEWS!!!

HELLO AGAIN!!!
      Welcome to another fun filled week. My writing schedule has been way too erratic, so I'm going to try and catch up with lots of things I missed.
       First, let's do a challenge recap. I just finished the first week of our " 1palette, 7days" challenge, using one small, 3/4 color palette for a week. At random, I chose the Lotus palette by LA Colors (retail value $2, bought on clearance for 80 cents!) I bough this palette b/c I obviously wanted to try the brand, because  this is beauty on a budget :) but I also liked the color combination. I had little hope that these colors would have ANY type of pigment , but they weren't all bad. The green was also a frosty white, the pink was super sheer and the blue was actually almost true to color.
     I am happy to have that set of colors out of the way! Honestly, out of all my small palettes this one is the only challenging one. I feel like the colors almost resembled clown makeup, I hate to say it, BUT I did find some looks that weren't too crazy and somewhat wearable...maybe not for everyday, but at some time of the day. I realize that I did cheat you out of one look, and I'm still trying to figure out how that happened. Here are the 6 looks:


From left to right
1-green on the lid, blue in the crease, pink highlight, blue NYX gel liner
2-blue by the lash line, pink in the middle/lid, green highlight, blue NYX gel liner
3-pink on the lid, blue in the crease and  in outer corner, black liner
4-green in the inner corner, pink in the middle, blue in the outer corner and slightly in the crease
5-green on the lid, pink in outer corner and crease, pink ELF shimmer liner
6-blue all over the lid and over the crease, blue NYX liner
I used NYX primer for all the looks.

     My new palette I'll be using for the rest of the week is from The Body Shop. It's a smoky eye kit and contains, black, grey, silver and a white shimmer cream shadow/highlighter. (retail value $30, I got during a semi annual clearance AND 1 day special deal, in a kit with a bronzer and lipgloss for $10!!)

 
 
 

ON TO SALES!
Don't forget ULTA is still their 21 days of beauty until April 4th and check for daily online deals!
Lorac is having a sale on their site, with items starting at $6!
 
BOGO 50% - Revlon, Almay, Covergirl, Neutrogena, St. Ives, Studio 35, Ponds, Dove
Maybelline $2 off
 
BOGO 50%- L'Oreal, Roc, Cetaphil, Cerave, Trim tools, Milani, Covergirl, Clean&Clear, Lumene, Revlon, Simple, Olay, Nuance, Ponds, St. Ives
L'Oreal Mascara $7.99 ( try the Telescopic Mascara)
Almay buy2 get 1 free
 
BOGO 50% -L'Oreal face & eye, Revlon, Almay, Neutrogena
Nivea Lip Butter 2/$4
Physicians Formula 40% off
 


No comments:

Post a Comment