Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, April 18, 2014

Me And My Products!

    It's been a whole year and I realize I haven't updated you on all the products I currently use. I have oily/combination skin. I also have dark spots, which are the bane of my existence! I have learned how to fight my dark spots and live with them as they fade into the background. I've tried several products (it was the basis of starting this blog)
There are 3 things I wanted out of the products that I chose
1. Combat the oil production
2. Fade dark spots
3. Feel clean

Here's a list of EVERYTHING I use and love:

1 - Neutrogena Cream Cleanser- $8 at drugstores
I have been using this forever, honestly I'm glad I ran out, because I'm changing to #2 on my list. Not for any special reason, the Neutrogena is a good product, I just like the other better. daily
2- Biore Combination Skin Cleanser - $8 at drugstores
it's a gel cleanser and it not to strong for daily use, that's why I liked this one and the neutrogena. It helped with my oily skin but didn't dry my face out.  daily  
3- DermaE Microdermabrasion Scrub-$20-$30 available at health food stores and ulta.com
I figured it was time to graduate to a new exfoliator. It's made of natural products, dead sea salt and has smaller, rounder, exfoliating granules. Plus it gets the job done better. 
 few times a week 
4- Murad Rapid Age and Spot Pigment lightener- $60 at ulta and Sephora
(FYI I've never paid full price for this product)
 LOVE.  It really does work quicker than other products I've used. You only need a little. I use one pump and only apply it to the actual problem area, my chin and parts of my cheeks.
Plus, I only need this 1 step and I'm good to go! No more products that need 2 steps to work! daily
5 - Lumene Night Firming Cream -$25 at drugstores
I love it because it's light , hydrating, and not greasy. I had this hijacked from me by my mom so I decided to try #6.  daily
6- Philosophy Hope In a Jar-$15 at Sephora (trail size)
It's suitable for all skin types. It's light,  absorbs quickly. I will be switching back to the lumene only because of the anti aging properties, hope in a jar is still a great moisturizer.
daily

7 - Olé Henricksen Ultimate Life Eye Roller-$28 at sephora
This works for everything,  puffiness, fine lines, firming,  dark circles, all in one tube and you know how much I LOVE multitasking products. daily

8-Cetaphil/Family Dollar Gentle cleanser - $13/$3.50 at drugstores/family dollar
Doesn't matter which one, the have the same exact ingredients. I use it in the morning to get all the pillow dirt off my face. daily

9-Ambi Fade Cream -$6 at drugstores
When I run out of this, I cry! I have been using this a few years because it lightens dark spots,  moisturizes AND contains sunscreen...spf30 to be exact. Another plus is that it's formulated for oily skin. daily
10-Lumene Vitamin C Drops-$25 at drugstores
This contains concentrated vitamin c that helps with healing and brightening of the skin. daily
11 - Origins charcoal mask-$16-$24 at sephora
I have said it before and I will say it again, I love clay masks! Plus it has charcoal in it, which has become trendy! You can thank me for that :)  weekly    

12 - Biore Ice Cleanser- $8 at drugstores
 I used about 5-10 days out of the month because I might have a break out brought on by mother nature's curse. Usually clears up a breakout in 3 days, but I sometimes use it as  a preventative measure. daily for 5-10 days at month


13 - Elf zit stick is used as a spot treatment for pimples. $1 at eyeslipsface.com or NYC store
used as needed
14 - Biore pore strips-$9-$15 at drugstores
Are used on a weekly basis. I don't have black heads, but it cleans out the pores on my nose and makes them appear less visible. weekly 
15-Witchazel-$1-$2 at drugstores
I will sometimes used as a toner after cleansing to remover makeup/dirt from some areas like around the hairline, and nose. As also use it to remove the residue after using the biore strip. used as needed
16 - Olive oil...what? -$2 and up at grocery stores
Yes, I said oil. It's from my homemade skin care regimen. I spread the oil on my face and then lay a warm towel over the area where the oil was applied. This helps to soften the skin. I do this once a week before my scrub. I avoid applying the oil to the t- zone and concentrate on my 'problem' area. Also works with vitamin e oil. weekly

No comments:

Post a Comment