Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Weekly Review: Makeup Removers

     Welcome back! I hope you're enjoying the week. The review today is all about eye makeup removers. I do have a favorite as you may know from reading previous articles. It is the Sephora Waterproof Makeup Remover. I don't use it everyday, but only on my 'tough' eye makeup days when I'm wearing everything under the sun.
     To accurately test these removers, I used it how I would use the Sephora remover. You always want to remove your eye makeup gently. My process: wet a cotton round with the remover and hold it on your eye for 10-15 seconds. When you remove the pad, your eye makeup should be completely removed. If there is liner or mascara residue you can use the other side of the pad to wipe that away.
You should never have to scrub (especially the eye area) to get you makeup off.

Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover 3.4oz ($20) sephora, esteelauder.com-ULTRA gentle! Perfect for sensitive eyes. Affective, almost feels like water on the eyes. ophthalmologist tested







Almay Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover 4oz ($6) drugstores- A dupe for the Sephora remover, except it's more gentle. Plus, it's frequently on sale at local drugstores ophthalmologist tested






Family Dollar Makeup Remover 4oz ($3) family dollar-I used this and it removers makeup, BUT you have to use so much of it to remove 1 eye,  that it isn't really a bargain.





ULTA Makeup Remover  3.4oz ($6) ulta-I only use this for spot cleaning, because it isn't the strong. It can remove the stray mascara without destroying your eyeshadow. This stuff is gentle and it removes makeup but, you practically have to scrub it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment