Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Weekly Review: Concealers

     OH YES!! It's about that time for a  review and this one is all about concealers!
I tried a bunch! an let me tell you, it's no easy task. Concealers act differently when applied to different areas. In the expressive areas of the face, around the corners of the eyes and mouth, we want something that won't crease. We also want something that will last all day, stay matte and something smooth and blendable. We also want something that will cover well, since that is the first and MAIN job of a concealer.

Lets start with the GOOD
IMAN ($13) drugstores, drugstore.com, imancosmetics.com -This is a VERY thick mixture. It was so thick that I tried to use my finger…but when that didn't work I used a brush to dab it on, but I used a beauty blender to blend it in and smooth it out on my face. Cover redness excellently, I had a pimple on my nose and with a small dab it was invisible. I had it on about 8 hours and it seems to get better (by 'better' I mean relaxes on your face and looks seamless) over time. It didn't move or crease. It was also matte the entire day!

Sephora 10 hour Blemish Stick ($17) and 8 Hour Perfect Cover Concealer ($15) sephora.com-goes on smooth, feels kind of thick. Not oily, it's matte and remains matte. Doesn't move or run. Covers well and blends excellently, PLUS there are lots of shades. People have complained about the blemish stick being cakey, but the point of the stick is to NOT make concealer go on cakey. The only way I good see it being cakey is if you, use too much and/or don't blend it.




NYX Full Coverage ($6) ulta, nyxcosmetics.com-  It feels thin, but covers excellently. It doesn't look totally matte, but it's not shiny or oily. It stays on all day. I hope they plan on extending the line to have as many colors as they have for foundation.





NYX Waterproof ($5) ulta, nyxcosmetics.com-smooth application. The packaging is more condusive to spot treatments. Feels smooth but not oily. It covers well, it's long lasting and always matte. The color look natural and seamless.



LA Girl Pro Conceal ($2) some beauty supply stores and ladymoss.com- This little gem has become a MUA favorite around the internet. For concealing? not really. For highlighting and contouring, yes. It's like a thicker liquid foundation. It covers pretty well and since it's thinner than a typical cream, it lays flat and will never look cakey.  

Also good is the Eclipse palette from Coastal Scents. I can't see it working very well for personal use, but it's a great starter for aspiring makeup artists. It has a good amount of shades, a few corrector colors and even a highlighter. The concealer, blends well and covers excellently.

                                          The BAD
ELF concealer ($1) eyeslipsface.com-Oily and way to sheer! Moves around to much to conceal anything.








ELF studio concealer ($6) eyeslipsface.com- This product is still too sheer to conceal much of anything. The formula is a little thicker and way less oily.
  




The UGLY

L'Oreal True Match Crayon ($8-$10) drugstores- very thick, colors are weird. I can only use the shade that's supposed to be my color as an under eye concealer. It blends well, but it will crease or should I say crack and looks dry and chalky on the face. The crayon worked better as a highlighter on the more oily parts of my face, like my t-zone, I guess that's the trick. Personally, I did not like this, but it might work better for people that are oily all over. Also they're color chart is a bit off so going by their warn, neutral, cool chart, will just be more confusing. Find the color that fits you regardless of the label.

The CONFUSED






Hard Candy GLAMOFLAUGE ($6) walmart- I'm confused by this product, because it covers well. When it's sets, it's a matte finish, but it chalky and can look dry. Maybe, it will work well on severely oily skin types, but DO NOT use it under your eyes and find and EXACT match.


No comments:

Post a Comment