Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Review #2 -Lipgloss!! (from last week!)

So we love it and can't live without it! I don't know anyone who doesn't use some type of lip product.

These are what I use:
1.vitamin e oil {in chap stick form}-( Daily) In my research I found out that regular chap stick is not really recommended for frequent use b/c your lip get dependent on it and might stop producing there own moisture, resulting in super chapped lips. These use of vitamin e capsules is supposed to be safer, just pop them with a needle and squeeze a bit on your lips. Dilemma-what to do with the rest of the capsule? You can eat it if you like, or put it on your skin or in your hair.

2. ELF lip exfoliate scrub (once/twice a month)- I have dry lips so I need to scrub off the cracked skin every once in a while. This product might be too harsh for some people so just stay away from it!
But, if you are going to exfoliate be sure to moisturize after, perhaps with some vitamin e oil.

3.Blistex (daily-in the colder months)- what can I say about this that you don't already know? It's protecting, moisturizing and some have SPF. If normal Blistex is to harsh try the gentle or 'flavored' ones, they are more mild.

NOW ON TO THE REVIEW!

 
C.O. Bigelow Cinnamint Menthalip shine lipgloss $7.50 ( Bath & Body Works)- First let me say I LOVE getting these on sale! I have about 8 left. This product is moisturizing, shiny w/o being too shiny and ALSO freshens your breath! It doesn't taste all that bad either. :)
This is my go to lip gloss. I always have one in my bag for emergency shine and just in case I forget my gum. :)
     I love this product b/c it does all the things listed above without being sticky. It lasts at least a few hours, but the moisturizing properties last even though the shine is gone. It's even great over lipstick and has an easy to clean plastic applicator.


Victoria Secret Sparkle Gloss $14 (Victoria Secret store)- I received this as a gift or else I would never buy a $14 lip gloss from a lingerie store...plus it was on sale! The gloss has fine sparkles in it for extra shine. It smells of artificial cherries and is pink, of course. It has the typical fluffy cloth applicator. It's just OK. It moisturizes a little bit, but will do nothing for dry lips. The shine wear off in about a couple hours, if that. It's probably the same as any $1 store lip gloss. It does have a cute package though.

 
 
 


 Smashbox Lip Enhancing Mega Gloss $18- (Sephora) - I actually won this and was super excited, b/c it was a full sized sample. I have 'stardom', it's a very light pink/peachy color with gold flecks of glitter. When applied it give a twinkle effect like stars appearing in the sky.( was that too much gushing :/ )  This lip gloss is not sticky.  Actually, it's gotten way less sticky since I had it. When I put it on for the first time it was very sticky, like it stuck my lips together, but now it's great! It's thick, and has more qualities of a protector than that of a moisturizer, but it will stop your lips from being dry. It's great worn alone. When worn with lipstick the slight color will add an additional tint. It also lasts a few hours, even when drinking ice coffee (or wine).  Comes with a BIG fluffy applicator.

 
 
Last but NOT LEAST...
 
Mary Kay "Signature" Lipgloss trio $14 - (marykay.com)- I got this pack in a gift basket years ago and I'm surprised I still have them! I don't even know if Marykay still carries these, but I figured I'd mention them. If worse comes to worst you can always find them on eBay. Anyway the trio, obviously comes with 3 colors. I have 2 shown and I'm pretty the third is hiding in a bag somewhere.
     The set came with a clear, bronze, golden/copper color. When I got these I was not wearing lipstick at all even for special occasions I would wear one of the tinted colors. Either goes perfectly with a natural look, especially if you want to dress it up. The clear ( which is almost empty) I used over my lipsticks, stains, pencils, or just on it's own. These are not really moisturizing, but they are creamy and have lots of staying power.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment