Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 1, 2013

REVIEW!!!! Eyelid Primer

We all want our eyeshadow to POP, stay on all day and be true to color. I tested 3 eyeshadow primers for these 3 reasons. I did realize the fault in my trials though, I only used powder shadows. I did not take into account to use cream or pencil shadows with these primers, but that will be done another day.

First I tested my e.l.f. eye primer and liner sealer. This tube is an eye primer on one side and the other side is a sealer so you can make any eyeshadow into a liner by using it. Since it was $3.00 I figure I'd give it a try. It was the first primer I ever used. My most fond memory of this product is when I slept in all my make up and woke up with it still in tact. I know this product works. You have to put in on evenly, otherwise when the shadow creases, it's very noticeable. Since it is a skin tone color, it can be covered very easily by any color shadow. 

 
this is my makeup using the primer
 
 
Next, I used the Urban Decay eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin. Urban Decay is a great brand and at $20 at Sephora, it shows. I did not know this primer was tinted until I tried it. The color resembles champagne or a pale shimmery gold. It can actually be used as eyeshadow on its own. I had to add more shadow than normal to fully cover the color and shimmer of the primer. My makeup did not crease and my shadow either faded or was soaked up by the primer, because by the end of the night I could see the primer color coming through from underneath by shadow. I would probably only use this color primer for browns, golds, and earth tones. I think the untinted primer would work better under any color.
 
 
Last, but not least I used the NYX eyeshadow primer in white. After applying the primer to your eye it does look a little intimidating. It's best to let the primer dry for a few seconds before applying the shadow. You only need a little bit! It goes a long way. My shadow did not crease and lasted the whole day. It also POPPED! The white base under and eyeshadow enables the color to come out pure and bright. It's also a great price at $6.

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment