Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Weekly Review!! INCLUDING $1 *GEMS*

    Since I'm in the middle of a big project/review for this blog I have little time and not enough faces to try out all the products I have, BUT that doesn't stop me. I figure I'll just take you back to the basics.
    Today I'll be listing some items that are major must haves! All of them, depending on where you buy them, can be bought for as little as $1, making every item a $1 *GEM* !!!

Q-tips/Cotton Swabs - ( $1-$4 ) These are an essential, because they can be used for everything head to toe. In a pinch I've used them as eyeshadow applicators. They can also be used to smudge eyeliner, apply concealer  (but not blend it),  apply lipstick and if you and a little bit of remover, you can use them to clean up areas where you made "makeup mistakes." 
No brand it better than the other when being used for any of the above purposes. Some people have preferences, but personally I get mine from the $1 store.

Cotton Rounds- ( $1-$3 ) I used these for the first time at the Sephora event I went to. Before that, I never really had any luck with cotton pads b/c they always left a fuzzy film on my face. These pads do not leave any fuzz behind dry or wet. They can be used dry or wet. I use them to remove makeup, specifically eye makeup. The shape fits perfectly in my eye socket. These pads also come in square but, I'm partial to the round. I like circles better than squares anyway :)
     You can also use these to apply toner and creams. I used them to apply my papaya treatment during the 2 weeks of kitchen skin care. Again the brand does not matter. The $1 pads are just as durable as the $3 pads.

Ulta Premium Round Cotton Pads 80 Ct


Makeup Wedges-( $1- $7) I use these everyday to blend my makeup. When I first started using them I wondered what the difference between brands was and it's NOTHING. Any brand is fine to use. They do com in different sizes though. The larger wedge shown I from Ulta. I used these and can get about 3 used out of it before discarding it. When I do makeup on someone else, I like using the smaller one. The smaller ones are only good for 1 time use b/c of their size. You can wash these sponges, but I have never been successful at it. I never get all the makeup off. Plus, I'm eerie about leaving them out to dry. If they don't dry thoroughly, they could get mildewed and no one would want to use that on their face?
     I like the triangle shape b/c I can get into all the nooks and crannies of the face, like underneath the eyes and by the nose. Also when I'm using the large wedge I use 1 side and 1 corner and the rest of the wedge is clean for the next application.
Below are a couple links to website to buy these wedges, but you can also get them from a discount store or beauty supply store.

Ulta- Beauty Wedges
e.l.f. Essential Blending Wedges

              
                                                                                       
                 regular small no name brand wedge
                                                                                    $1 for 24 pack
Ulta brand wedge large $1.99 for 8


Comparison of the 2 wedges
  Ulta                       No name









Foam Tipped dual eyeshadow applicators - ( $1-$6) I have never seen the purpose of these b/c again, I've always had bad luck. They fall apart, are often hard to use and hardly apply any shadow. I never knew why people would want to use these. But, I discovered the reason and have grown to like (not love) them. I have come across some hard, very compact, pressed eyeshadows. When trying to use a brush, color does not get picked up properly therefore, I use these and they actually work! I was surprised. I have been a fan of tossing these things as well, but I tried washing some from e.l.f. and they did not fall apart! The Ulta ones seem just as sturdy. I am not sure how long they will last, since I just starting using them. They are good for application and blending. Just be sure when applying multiple colors to use different sides of the applicator and a clean side for blending.

Sephora- Confetti Sponge Tip Applicators
                Mini Eye Applicator Set

Ulta- Dual Tipped Foam Applicators

e.l.f.- Essential Eyeshadow Applicators





No comments:

Post a Comment