Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 5, 2013

How I do my makeup - Dual Finish Foundation (wet application)

     I love dual finish foundation! It comes in pressed powder form and is great for oily skin because, if you put it one wet, it dries as a powder and helps control shine and oil. By applying dual finish powder wet, you are able to layer the foundation on for more coverage. This foundation also dries without looking too dry, ashy or cakey...when applied correctly. If the foundation feels a little tight on your face, you can always use a clean, moist sponge to loosen it up (before it sets) or use a makeup setting mist.
     There are some drawbacks to it though. I need to mix colors to get my correct color and the only way to mix them is by wetting the sponge and dipping into the 2 powders. ( if you are LUCKY enough to use 1 color of powder, the application process is a little easier) There is no exact science to make sure I'm getting the same color time after time. The dry time can also be a little bit of a problem. The foundation will look a bit lighter when applied, but be a better match once it's fully dry.
     In my pics below my foundation looks light but I assure you, by he time I left the house, everything looked great. It did look a little light to me while I was working and it was making me paranoid, so I added some bronzer to warm it up.

 
                                                                          finished look
 
1. I used the Dual Finish Pressed Powder palette by Ofra.($80) Of course  I did not pay the sticker price for these, like everything else I buy. I got it at the Makeup Show at such a discount I don't even want to say how much it really cost :/ Anyway, it comes with 5 colors and a sponge. I mix the 2 bottom colors using a wet wedge sponge and apply it in a tapping motion instead of a wiping motion, as to not wipe off my concealer.
      
 
2. Even though the powder wasn't dry yet, I got nervous that it was too light. I used a Cornsilk bronzer, that matches me perfectly to fix the color. I new it would darken, but I couldn't help myself.
(FYI- I do not have info on the bronzer because it's so old, they probably don't even make it anymore LOL)
At this stage I also gelled my brows and applied blush and my base eyeshadow. 




 3. I applied a matte light gray, almost white eyeshadow as the base. Then I applied a silver over that, all over my lid. Lastly I used a steel gray in my crease and in the outer corners. I finished with a Steel Shimmer eyeliner by ELF ($1) and ELF Mineral Mascara ($3).

4. I used the ELF's 83 piece Essential makeup collection ($25) for the eyeshadows and blush.

  blush swatch

5. To finish I used  Ravin Raisin by Wet n' Wild ($1.99) I am IN LOVE with this lipsticks. They colors are AWESOME and it's matte. This color is also versatile and can complete a variety of looks.

 
That's it for now beautiful people. Next week I'll show my cream foundation application. Stay tuned! This week I have a GREAT $1 *GEM* and a review on eyeshadow pencils.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment