Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, July 20, 2013

How I do my makeup-Liquid Foundation


     Well lovelies, we have come to the last installment in my makeup series, how I liquid apply liquid makeup. Liquid was my usual "go to" for special events because of my former cream makeup aversion. Liquid foundation provides light to medium coverage and set with powder. As usual I have to mix my liquid foundation to get the right color.

1. Here's a reminder of my before picture.
I have already cleansed, moisturizer and treated my face.
I have also applied the MUD corrector to all the places I wanted cover up.








2. I used 2 new concealers, which I will review later. I used the Almay line corrector for under my eyes and the Black Radience concealer for the rest of my face.





3. I used 2 different liquid foundations, Classic Tan by Covergirl and Warm Sand
by Rimmel. The Rimmel color is incredibly versatile! I have used it for people of all different backgrounds and it's seems to be the color I use the most to lighten darker liquid foundations. It lightens without making the new color ashy or beige.

I normally don't use my palette at home so I mix the colors on the back of my compact (after I cleaned it off of course.) I apply liquid foundation using a Stipple brush by e.l.f. $3. It gives me a light, even, quick application. Plus since I'm using 2 colors, it   preads them around easily.
 

4. I set my liquid foundation with the Naked pressed powder by Revlon, $10. If you read my review on it you know why I love it! It's a light, nearly invisible powder. Plus it's hot out now and who wants to add another heavy layer of makeup on. After I use the powder I gel my brows.


5. Next, I fill in my brows
and add my usual blush. For my eyes I used NYX
eyeshadow base in white. The palette I'm using is by MAKE. I put the royal blue in the in corner of my eyes. I used the navy for the center section and the gray for the outer corner. I blended these shadows up into my crease.
I finished it with a Navy eyeliner from Wet n' Wild $1.




6. I finished the look with a lipstick form the MAKE palette. (forgot to take pics of the lipstick on me ) These are pics of the finished look and a details of my eye makeup and the palette. A red "X" is over the color I didn't use.
I had issues with blending the eyeshadow no matter what tool I tried. That dark grey just didn't want to blend at all! The lipstick I used was a matte red/brown. I circled it in the pic below.



 
That's it for my makeup application series. If it wasn't helpful I hope you enjoyed it and if you didn't enjoy it I hope it was helpful! I will review the products listed in this article at a later date (if I haven't already) Hold tight! I have another article coming later today.



1 comment:

  1. sounds simple enough. how long does it take?

    ReplyDelete